home







Rates as of 4/16/14

"*APR = Annual Percentage Rate
Mission

To serve the financially-related needs of our diverse membership while maintaining a sound, member-owned association.

Values
  • Honesty and Integrity
  • Education
  • Member Trust
  • Welfare of Staff
History
April 22, 1936
Charter granted to Marion school employees to operate a credit union under the Federal Credit Union Act of 1934. Marion, Indiana Public School Employees Federal Credit Union was established.
December 31, 1940
Assets totaled $5,537
September 10, 1956
Extension of the membership area to include all school employees in Grant County.
September 1960
Payroll deduction was introduced
June 22, 1961
Amendment of the charter to include retired school employees
March 1964
Credit union moved from the home of charter member, Clair Stafford, to leased office space at 1373 North Baldwin Avenue. Mr. Stafford was the first assistant treasurer-manager.
September 1965
Employment of the first full time manager, John M. Clevinger. Mr. Clevinger was a charter member and the first treasurer.
January 1966
Christmas Club account introduced
October 1966
Loan balance exceeded $1 million
June 30, 1967
First semi-annual dividend paid
March 1968
Assets exceeded $1 million
January 1970
Money orders were introduced
August 31, 1971
Assets reached $2 million
August 19, 1972
Moved into the new offices at 515 N Bradner Ave in Marion
April 1976
Open-end credit limit (Gem Loan) was introduced
September 1979
Assets reached $5 million
July 2, 1980
Purchased "in house" data processing system
1981
Money Market Share accounts were introduced
1983
Merged with the Blackford County Public Employees FCU having assets of $750,000. Tom Hale was a charter member and served as treasurer/manager from his home.
1984
Hartford City Branch established
1985
VISA Credit Card was introduced
October 1987
Established a new department to offer financial planning services, alternative investments and insurance products
December 1987
Shortened name to Marion School Employees Federal Credit Union
1990
Purchased building at 4505 S Adams Street in Marion.

Purchased loan assets ($5.1 million) from Lampco FCU's Gas City and Hartford City offices and acquired "community" credit union field of membership language for these areas.
1991
Constructed and opened branch in Hartford City
September 1992
Exceeded $50 million in assets with 15,500 members
January 1993
ATM cards were introduced
1994
Installed first ATM at the Indiana Wesleyan University Student Center
1995
Constructed and opened branch in Gas City
1996
Purchased, remodeled, and opened branch at 2232 W 2nd Street in Marion
May 1997
Debit Cards were introduced
1998
Website with online banking was introduced
1999
Assets reached $100 million
Aug 1999
Opened first Student Operated Branch at Northview Elementary
January 2003
Assets reached $150 million
Dec 2003
Constructed and opened branch and administration center at 4505 S Adams Street in Marion
April 2005
Purchased and remodeled drive up ATM in Upland
2007
Became a state-chartered credit union and expanded field of membership to anyone living or working in Blackford, Grant, Madison or Miami County.
July 2008
A naming committee that included members, staff and management selected two names and placed them before the membership for a vote. Via Credit Union received the most votes.
2008
Constructed and opened new branch at 2232 W 2nd St in Marion
November 2010
Merger with Grant County Community Federal Credit Union.
Established branch at 6033 East Big Play Way in Marion and an office in the Post Office in downtown Marion.
March 2013
Mobile app and website were introduced
July 2013
Expanded Membership to include Delaware, Hamilton, Howard, Huntington, Tipton, Wabash and Wells County.