To serve the financially-related needs of our diverse membership while maintaining a sound, member-owned association.
- Honesty and Integrity
- Member Trust
- Welfare of Staff
April 22, 1936
Charter granted to Marion school employees to operate a credit union under the Federal Credit Union Act of 1934. Marion, Indiana Public School Employees Federal Credit Union was established.
December 31, 1940
Assets totaled $5,537
September 10, 1956
Extension of the membership area to include all school employees in Grant County.
Payroll deduction was introduced
June 22, 1961
Amendment of the charter to include retired school employees
Credit union moved from the home of charter member, Clair Stafford, to leased office space at 1373 North Baldwin Avenue. Mr. Stafford was the first assistant treasurer-manager.
Employment of the first full time manager, John M. Clevinger. Mr. Clevinger was a charter member and the first treasurer.
Christmas Club account introduced
Loan balance exceeded $1 million
June 30, 1967
First semi-annual dividend paid
Assets exceeded $1 million
Money orders were introduced
August 31, 1971
Assets reached $2 million
August 19, 1972
Moved into the new offices at 515 N Bradner Ave in Marion
Open-end credit limit (Gem Loan) was introduced
Assets reached $5 million
July 2, 1980
Purchased "in house" data processing system
Money Market Share accounts were introduced
Merged with the Blackford County Public Employees FCU having assets of $750,000. Tom Hale was a charter member and served as treasurer/manager from his home.
Hartford City Branch established
VISA Credit Card was introduced
Established a new department to offer financial planning services, alternative investments and insurance products
Shortened name to Marion School Employees Federal Credit Union
Purchased building at 4505 S Adams Street in Marion.
Purchased loan assets ($5.1 million) from Lampco FCU's Gas City and Hartford City offices and acquired "community" credit union field of membership language for these areas
Constructed and opened branch in Hartford City
Exceeded $50 million in assets with 15,500 members
ATM cards were introduced
Installed first ATM at the Indiana Wesleyan University Student Center
Constructed and opened branch in Gas City
Purchased, remodeled, and opened branch at 2232 W 2nd Street in Marion
Debit Cards were introduced
Website with online banking was introduced
Assets reached $100 million
Opened first Student Operated Branch at Northview Elementary
Assets reached $150 million
Constructed and opened branch and administration center at 4505 S Adams Street in Marion
Purchased and remodeled drive up ATM in Upland.
Became a state-chartered credit union and expanded field of membership to anyone living or working in Blackford, Grant, Madison or Miami County.
Assets reached $200 million.
A naming committee that included members, staff and management selected two names and placed them before the membership for a vote. Via Credit Union received the most votes.
Constructed and opened new branch at 2232 W 2nd St in Marion.
Assets reached $250 million.
VISA Platinum Rewards Credit Card was introduced.
Merger with Grant County Community Federal Credit Union.
Established branch at 6033 East Big Play Way in Marion and an office in the Post Office in downtown Marion.
Mobile app and website were introduced.
Expanded Membership to include Delaware, Hamilton, Howard, Huntington, Tipton, Wabash and Wells County.
Assets reached $300 million.
Business Loans were introduced.
Merger with United Credit Union and established branch at 1911 Plaza Drive in Warsaw.
Field of membership expanded to include Kosciusko County.