Once you are a member, you are always a member!
Who can open an account at ViaCU?
- Anyone living or working in Blackford, Delaware, Grant, Hamilton, Howard, Huntington, Kosciusko, Madison, Miami, Tipton, Wabash or Wells County in Indiana
- Family members1 of anyone in the field of membership
- Family members of current members
- Anyone living in the same household with a member
1 Family members are defined as spouse, children, parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, and 'steps'.
When you open an account with us, you become a member-owner. You might be interested to know that your new account come with some interesting perks. A few of the things you can expect with your ViaMembership Shares account are:
- No fee with a $50 minimum balance - saves you a $3 monthly access fee!
- Dividends paid on a daily basis (posted quarterly) - that'll make your day for sure.
- No penalties for withdrawals - well, it is your money!
- Secondary shares - Make saving easier by maintaining multiple balances under a single account number. Perfect for budgeting for taxes, vacation, college or that little red sports car you've had your eye on.
- Christmas club 1 - you will be of good cheer when the holidays hit and you're flush with Christmas greenery! Recurring deposits are not required, but direct deposit is available! Funds are electronically transferred or a check is mailed in early November each year. Giving you plenty of time to get your shopping done.
What do I need to open an account at ViaCU?
Under the provisions of the U.S. Patriot Act Member Identification Program, when you open an account we will ask for the following:
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Government Issued ID: valid driver's license, state ID card or US passport
You will also need to deposit at least $50 in your ViaMembership Shares to avoid a $3 monthly access fee.
1 Dividends are paid daily and posted quarterly. No penalty for early withdrawal. Funds are automatically transferred into your ViaChecking account, or mailed if the balance is $100 or more.